Monday, September 06, 2004

Nostalgia

Read 2 articles now by parth, one elaborating on those wonderful days of us 4 being at rock beach discussing almost anything and everything under the sun. In his recent blog parth describes the initial days of struggle when a new graduate student comes to united states of america, the memories of 4 long years back, at the turn of this century, when he and avinash first landed in the US of A.

Neways for me today the nostalgia is quite different... It all started believe it or not, with me preparing for my presentation, which i am supposed to give in a weeks time for review of my scholarship. As it happened, I landed at this site called, Raaga.com.
Under the Music directors link under Hindi music section, as most people would do, I choose to see what was listed under R.D. Burman, supposedly the greatest music directors of all times. Found a link to music of movie GHAR, and the particular song,
"Aap ki aakhon mein". Almost the whole day working on my presentation, it deemed appropriate that this song which holds tremendous significance to me, conjured up all the past memories, ironically during almost the same time, as parth was talking about, 4 years ago, of me being in Ahmedabad.. Still arguably those 45 days have been the best in my life so far.
That led me to go to India store to see if I could find the movie, but it turned out that none of the stores had GHAR with them.. It sucked big time. Determined as I was, to see some classic, it occured to me that the movie Ijazat, about a couple who, are seperated for life by circumstances, to meet one day at railway station, would be an excellent choice for satiating my desire to bath in nostalgia.
For sure the movie did its job. The whole movie, Rekha reminded me of that someone and god knows what would I not give to be in the place of Nasurrudin Shah.
Moments like these make life for sure!!!!!!!!!




1 comment:

Parth said...

Hmm, I can understand how you feel. Memories are always bitter-sweet, but even the bitter instances seem pleasant when remembered in hindsight. Nonetheless, you were treated to a brilliant movie