Friday, December 16, 2005

Apprentice

Its been long since I wrote my last blog.
Quite a few interesting issues crossed my path during past 8 months but, some how or the other, I could not gather myself to the task of reporting it here.
Yet another very interesting issue came up yesterday. Its about the show Apprentice, running on NBC hosted by Mr Donald Trump, the real estate baron. Yesterday night was the finale of the event where in out of 18 contestants, final two competed against each other, in a managerial task, for the coveted position of an apprentice at Trump organizaiton.

Randal Pinkett, and Rebecca Jarvis were the two final contestants. Undoubtedly, Randel by education by exprerience running a real business, by age and even by stature (hmm..) was better than his rival Rebecca, a 23 year old, financial journal reporter. Donald Trumps final choice of Randel was without doubt perfect. But heres the twist to the tale.

If any one has followed the show over past couple of months, one would have easliy realised that Rebecaa, with her broken ankle, in the second week of the show, with a smiling face all through out, with her calmness under stress, with her true loyalty backing her team in the final task, with her foresight in understanding the bigger picture overlaying a given problem and sheer charisma, was upto Randel in terms of being Trump Apprentice. Trump, as would have possibly elected the 2 of them for 2 huge projects he has currently undertaken.

All through out, it was sort of clear that, Trump would declare, Mr Randel winner and hire, Ms Rebecca along with Randel. But in the end, after declaring Randel the winner, Mr Trump, posed a question to Randel, "If you were me, would you hire Rebecca also ?". Surprise Surprise, the answer from Randel was, "Mr Trump, the show is apprentice and not apprentia, there should only b e one hiring". What the F*** Mr Randel I wonder!!!

Agreed that the the show is apprentice, agreed that you were the brightest amongst the contestants, and agreed that u deserved the accolade and the moment of glory. However, why in the world would you be so selfish, and egocentric so as to deny another bright candidate an oppurtunity.
Infact, the two jobs that Mr Trump announced earlier, were out there for both of u to pick.

I still wonder what logic other than self centric mania, would have made Mr Randel a MIT graduate
make such a statement and deny a well deserving candidate her share of the glory.

4 comments:

Avinash said...

Sachin,
Already two junk comments to ur blog. Must be ur references to Trump. Anyway, I never watch the show.... I hate reality shows but the guy seems overly ambitious.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://mikehyqesi.freewebportal.com/witose.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

megan fox naked , paris hilton
I’m VERY VERY jealous right now, because my good pal Laremy Legel over at our sister site Film.com is currently at the screening of Jennifer’s Body, and he failed to invite me. (His weak response after my freak-out today: “I didn’t invite you? I thought I did.” NO LAREMY YOU DID NOT.) megan fox naked
megan fox naked nude
I know you can’t really put actors or celebrities into two categories, but I’m going to right now: There are the people who really, really enjoy being celebrities, and then there are the people who came by it maybe by accident. I’m one of those people who fiercely guards their privacy, so I hate doing interviews. megan fox naked
megan fox naked pictures
Fox is now the new face of Armani cosmetics (and wow, I thought the extent of Armani’s “branching out” beyond super-amazing haute couture was limited to overpriced boxer shorts sold at discount outlets) and sources say that the promo tour is going to start in October. Megan’s thoughts?: megan fox naked video