Friday, August 13, 2004

Failed at previous attempt

Ok yes, I falied , failed in my first attempt at blogging, yes created th blog, thatcrazygradlife, tried posting on the blog and always managed to get weird errors and eventually after just having one post, things in bloggin died down for me...
was prompted to day to creat new blog to satiate the hidden becker in me...
Yes the becker in me... I can easily associate myself with the character of Becker, the protagonist of the sitcom on CBS, Becker. Today I have to talk about the farce, that big airlines play with us poor travellers.
Ok heres what happened..
I had credit with America West because of the my cancelled journey in February, of about $276.
I decided to redeem the credit, by making a round trip to Philedelphia next week, so I go to their airline look for cheap flight on their low fares page, and call the airline to book the said itinerary.
The woman was very kind and patient in hearing what I had to say, then she speaks!!!
She informs me that the fare I mentioned is not visible to her and the cheapest fare that I coud get was for about $284, more by about $80. I ask her why is it that shes unable to see what I seem to get on the airline website.. She patiently explains, the low fares are to motivate people to book online and since I had credit with America west, I coud not do the online booking and had to pay for booking with the airline...Totally, catch22...
Moreover, I was told that I had to purchase immediately and cannot just book the ticket and get back to then in 24 Hrs as is done by some other airlines...
Well America west all I have to tell u is, You lost a customer!! and I hope this trends follows.


1 comment:

Avinash said...

When u say that u hope this trend follows, I fear that this trend will follow u whichever airline u shift to. Anyway, one of the ultimate truths of life is, there are no free lunches. Another truth which applies to ur situation (since they have ur money and if u dont use ur credit it will go waste) is: If u have them by the balls, the rest of them will follow.