Tuesday, August 24, 2004

learning from mistakes.. how hard is it

Ok , a few weeks ago I made a mistake..The mistake I have been making for long and had the first monetary loss couple of weeks back.
I have this bad habit of scribbling on the pages of the book I read. Helps u know to appreciate the ideas presented in the book. The important thing however, is doing such things on u own book is fine but on someone elses book..bad manners!!! Quite a few people have told me this, but I guess they were all close friends and didnt mind much this habit of mine.. I got used to being getting away with it...to the point wherein finally I happened to borrow a book from a German friend. I was wary of my bad habit and so whenever I read this book, I took care enough to have a pencil in my hand. But as it turns out not many people like even a small erased pencil mark on the book.
So I had to buy him a new book. Not that I regret as the book is really good and for sure, its worth shelfing.

Learnt an important lesson the hard way!!!

-sachin

2 comments:

Parth said...

Yes, I remember this habit of yours from Parle college days :-) I distinctly remember that you would mark maths problems with varying titles: "Easy, very easy, Cute, V.V. Easy" etc. Unfortunately, it is affecting you monetarily now, though I wonder if your German friend was amused by any of your comments

Avinash said...

I remember one comment we used to put on math problems. "AS". It stood for Ask Sachin. :-)